Once again, Skill Up's thoughts are pretty great. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 12:49 (2160 days ago) @ Claude Errera

"I said earlier that I was happy to pay for the Forsaken DLC, because I think it represented value, at least based on what we've seen so far. And I don't think that giving away that DLC for free was the way to show any contrition for "a shitty launch product". I think the annual pass would have been the chance to do that."

With the quotes is how I interpreted it. It's probably because I listened to the entirety of his Destiny 2 review way back when it came out, and he clearly liked the game then. It wasn't until Curse of Osiris that he stopped playing for a long while.

There has definitely been a demand for Forsaken to be free to make up for the disappointing aspects of D2(although there is literally zero chance of that happpening, since Bungie isn't DE or any other studio that has figured out a way to be profitable without dragging players by their wallets), but like he says in the video, value is subjective, and D2 as a product has provided great value to many players (such as yourself), so Bungie continuing to deliver a product like that is absolutely a good thing for that audience, and it's why he says that no, Forsaken should not be free. But the season pass content's bullet points are all stuff that has been free up to now, thanks to the Live team, and so that's where Bungie could have made up for D2's shortcomings by adding more value to what players have already paid.

At least, that's how I interpreted it, and I can agree with that, to a large degree.

Although I totally do think Destiny 2 was a shpoopy launch product. But that's because it was designed to revolve around tokens and Eververse, and little else. But any sort of glasses mess with my depth perception; especially the rose-tinted ones, so even though I liked it, I can acknowledge the disappointment that it was. :v

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread