That’s silly. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, October 23, 2022, 09:42 (550 days ago) @ Morpheus

I personally love Halo 4.
I understood the problems with Halo 5, but overall was not discouraged enough to stop playing it.
I enjoyed Halo:Anniversary. Some things were trivial, but overall it was a good product.
The Master Chief Collection has some serious issues, and with each fix comes even more problems, making it as much of a chore to play as it is a pleasure.
I love the Spartan Isometric games, but I'm in the minority.
I was baffled by the Halo TV series.

I love Halo 4 and 5. They’re fun campaigns with some pretty good encounters. The only they they never got right was vehicles.
Infinite was fine, once, but I have no desire to play it again. It sacrificed too much for the useless open world.
I don’t play enough MCC to know it’s issues, but the campaigns work well. The few nights I’ve spent playing multiplayer have been a blast. Jumping from game to game between matches is novel and really fun.
I think the TV series was good.

I won’t pretend that 343i’s Halo is as good as a Bungie’s. But they range from fine to surprisingly good. Bungie themselves haven’t put out anything even half as good as Halo since they stopped making the series, so why would I hate 343 for failing to completely live up to those games?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread