Beat Me To It. (Responses) (Gaming)

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 16:46 (547 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yeah, see... I can't, really. I tried that for a while. (It's possible nobody noticed, and that's okay - but it didn't change anything anyway.)

I run this place. And when it gets filled up with negativity like this, I hear about it, privately. I CAN'T ignore it, not without being rude to people I like.

True, I hadn't fully considered that angle. Maybe just tell people that it's a Destiny site, and they have to talk about Halo on HBO. Inelegant perhaps, but if it's really stressing you out like that then maybe that's the call.

So you might think it's just a nice quiet conversation, and maybe you didn't participate in the last 10 or 15 go-rounds (never mind, I'm sure you did in some of them)... but it bothers people, and makes this place less welcoming when it happens, and makes people who WANT to spend time in happier threads less interested in being here. And that might even be okay, if it weren't the same damn conversation every single fucking time. :(

I suppose I'd have the same suggestion for them. Just ignore it. I just ignore anything I don't like, or don't care about. :/

Everyone's different but, just doesn't seem healthy to spend time reading something that bothers you that much. Or sitting here debating when you don't enjoy debating. Nobody is forcing you to participate. Probably. Hopefully...

Edit: I'm really sorry I chased you away from Destiny. That absolutely wasn't my intention, I don't even remember the incident, and I'm genuinely regretful it happened.

Bah, humbug! Don't sweat it, I shouldn't have even mentioned it. That was like 6 years ago. Just one of those weird little things.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread