Beat Me To It. (Responses) (Gaming)

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 15:23 (548 days ago) @ Claude Errera

First of all you seem legitimately angry or depressed and I don't like it. Have a beer, sit back, maybe turn on your favorite song, and just have a friendly little debate. We're all just fans here man, all friends in the end...

Gaming companies, for the most part, are full of people who love gaming, and love making games.

Absolutely, your average engineer or tester, designer or writer. But they aren't in charge. They're not making the big decisions.

The reason gaming companies (especially big ones) are so secretive is because if they say something, they're locked into that something for all time.

Because of shit like this.

That's just life though, if I tell my wife I'm gonna take out the trash later, she expects me to do it. Different consequences perhaps...

Do you think that they didn't try their best to include split screen in Infinite?

I don't know what to think. All I know is that they said for 5 or so years how much they regretted removing it from H5, and how they hated letting the fans down. And that going forward, all Halo games would have Splitscreen. Then they cancelled it. Then, fans glitched into it and it seemed to work great. What am I supposed to think?

If that's really how you see the management behind gaming companies... why not find something new to do with your free time? Why give money to people who are actively trying to fuck you over?

Most of my free time is spent on indie games or MCC, love it. The last time they got any of my money was Halo 4's launch. After that I received codes for all H4 DLC, Spartan Assault, MCC, and H5 as thanks for my volunteer work as a Community Cartographer. Beyond that, I played their other stuff through Gamepass.

They (like everyone) have goals... [snip snip snip] ...BUT EVEN IN THOSE CASES, the people supplying the money aren't actively trying to fuck us over... because THEN THEY DON'T GET MORE MONEY.

I don't think the execs or studio heads are comically twirling their mustaches thinking up new ways to screw people over, I think they're mostly oblivious or indifferent to player sentiment. It is their job to expand profits, and these current trends have been hugely successful at that.

What's dumb (to me) is to not only complain that it happened... but to continue complaining, well after the point is made. And to choose NOT to walk away... but to pop up in every thread that appears, making the same point over and over and over again.

I actually find it pretty funny that three different people (two privately, one publicly) defended their comments in this thread against my last lamentation about this overcomplaining... and in actual fact it wasn't aimed at any of those three.

I always assume you're directing it at me, owing to something you said that stuck with me a while back. I was playing Destiny with TDSpiral and we randomly ran into you on the Tower. "Oh cool, it's Wu. Let's party up." So we did and the first thing you say is "Oh here comes Mr. Negative". I didn't say anything but it did kinda piss me off at the time. I'm the class clown type of dude. I like to make people laugh. Now, I realize you probably didn't mean anything by it, and you were friendly afterwards, but it's a large part of the reason I stopped playing D1. Didn't want to run into you honestly. So that's why I get defensive.

Here's the thing: this is a Destiny fansite. More than that, it's a BUNGIE-centric Destiny fansite. It's not a Halo fansite, and it's not a 343 fansite. (We have the first one of those... but you guys aren't ranting about this over there.

Like I said, I wouldn't have posted it here... but I mean you can plainly see the vast difference in engagement. I can kinda understand why Morph would choose DBO over HBO.

I'm just suggesting that having this same argument a dozen times is getting tiring. What point was made in this thread that hasn't been made many times before? What new information has ANYONE brought to the table here?

Well for me I just wanted to share the popular new Halo vid (on HBO lol). Wasn't really looking for any more than that, but I do quite enjoy these little debates.

I don't know. It's been a super-shitty couple of years, and my whole life seems to be about regret - regret for stuff we've lost, regret for how the world is going, regret for what's coming. I used to see this place as a little bit of a haven from that, where I could shoot the shit with a bunch of like-minded people and get away from the depressingness for a little while.

I guess there's regret that that's gone, too. :(

Dude come on, no it's not. To throw your own logic back at'cha, if threads like this make you feel that way, ignore 'em. There's plenty of positive stuff going on here, maybe you want to catch up with Newman, or discuss the new Star Wars show. You could get spooky, or even express your hopes for the next expansion. Isn't this exciting...

Point is, focus on what makes you happy and you'll be happier. Take it from me...

- Mr. Happy

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread