Eh. (Gaming)

by squidnh3, Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 10:19 (540 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

Dude, I don't know what to tell you man. I spent my fair share of time on B.net, I remember most people being pretty cool.

Yeah that's where I spent most of my time too. Too bad Bungie stopped hosting that information. I will say, I did a quick dive through HBO posts from when Halo 2 was released to a few months afterward, and there was mixed negative and positive, but notably there are actually a lot of posts seeming to defend Halo 2 from a perceived sense of majority dislike (e.g., "am I the only one who likes Halo 2?" style posts). Not sure there's a "truth" that can be known in this discussion, given the nebulous criteria. Only just sharing my sense of things (and I have had this sense for a while, I often used to post this same response to people ripping on Halo 3 for being worse than Halo 2).

A lot of story speculation back then that you don't really see today.

That's true. I do think how people criticize, react, and speculate about story in various medias has changed a lot in the past 15 years, so it's hard to isolate that as a symptom of 343i-era Halo, although personally I completely stopped caring after Halo 4.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread