Eh. (Gaming)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 06:16 (541 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the internet and the impact of social media.

Oh, by all means, enlighten me. I cannot wait to hear your expertise.

Well you're saying that we had Digg, Reddit, Myspace, and Twitter during the OG trilogy and while those had launched, they (the ones that survived) weren't the beasts they are today. It's hard to get hard numbers on the daily active users of each of those services but the audience size/tenor drastically changed between then and now.

And yeah Youtube existed, but streamers and shouty angry channels weren't really a thing back then.

Like I don't know what to tell you, it's blatantly obvious at a glance that regardless of what people were saying on the internet, social media in the last decade got louder and noisier. Want me to link you to some articles? Source some Active Daily User numbers? Want me to find papers on the psychological impact of social media?

Yes, people obnoxiously complaining about something existed well before the internet, the internet just has more and more over the years exacerbated that issue, like it does for many others.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread