Smiled at the sight of Mig. (Gaming)

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 09:49 (545 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I hard agree on your thoughts of acquisition in Destiny. If it's an RNG raid weapon, it might as well not exist to me. I run raids for the camaraderie and don't chase any of that nonsense.

Sounds like the rewards for it simply aren't cool enough for you to bother, which is a more subjective issue.

What in the hell are you talking about.

He brought up how game development costs have dramatically risen over the years. I suggested that a possible solution to that problem could be to invest into the tools used to create the games. The goal being to streamline workflows so that devs have an easier time quickly creating. For example, I always think of this awesome demo Kojima did showing off features of the Fox Engine used to build Metal Gear Solid 5. In just minutes, he's able to build a convincing scene. Cool stuff.

I'm so g'damn confused here.

I said almost everything people complained about in H4, they doubled down on in H5. Meaning the art/sound redesigns, favoring player focused abilities over sandbox based design, and the removal of features previously available (H5 launched with no Forge, broken Theater, no file share, bare-bones custom games options, no splitscreen, etc.)

H5 tightened up the combat and brought it much closer to OG Halo than Halo 4

Eh, no? With H4 being what amounts to a Reach mod, the core handling was essentially unchanged. same with H2A.

H5 represented their first major changes to the BLAM engine, and it felt way different. Aim assist features were cranked way up to account for abilities such as sprint, thrust, and clamber. The crosshair was moved up to the middle of he screen.

It had huge memorable set pieces (fighting your way into the sangheili city, warping to the guardian and sliding down it) and I've played the campaign multiple times cause I just overall liked the general feel of it. Also the Halo 5 MP was TIGHT, at a time where Destiny was 30fps as well as other big shooters, Halo 5 was a crisp 60 fps and felt snappy.

The ancient Elite architecture stuff was legitimately petty cool.

And yeah the higher the framerate the better.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread