... nothing (Gaming)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, October 24, 2022, 09:13 (543 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

If you want to skip the part about 343's failures, from 8:39 onward is a montage of Halo 1/2/3 nostalgia. Guaranteed tearjerker.

Like look, I was there at E3 for the Halo 2 reveal, I camped out for Halo releases, I threw 32 person Halo 1 parties, I got up at 4am to play Reach with my friend on the other side of the world, but you know what?

Somehow, I'm still occasionally logging into Halo Infinite and having fun. So in the context of the hissy fit the video starts with, I have no emotional connection to the rose colored take that person puts forward for Halo 1-3.

Look, I grew up with SNES RPGs and completely checked out of RPGs once they made the jump to 3D graphics cause to me, they looked like a blocky mess of nonsense that lacked the charm of Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6. You know what I'm absolutely NOT doing? Going to Final Fantasy forums and posting about that, I don't have TIME for that. Seriously.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread