I will use Dead Space 3 as my example.

by bryan newman @, Kentucky, Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 13:19 (4076 days ago) @ uberfoop

DS3 really seems to have pushed the anti micro transaction fervor.

I played the game, beat it (Took about 10 hours or so.) never once did I consider using actual money in a micro transaction. In fact the game gives you in game materials that you can use instead of MS points. You get these things called ration seals (Your item robots find them quite frequently). I think that 20 ration seals equals $1 that you can use in the store instead of actual microsoft points (The equivalent being 80 MS points).

Saying that it takes "200 years" or what ever gross exaggeration that you use is silly. As long as it is unlock able via in game means, I am totally fine with it. In fact for single player games I think that is a great idea. Some people's time is more valuable than others (I work full time at one job, run my own small business, 15 credit hours per semester at school etc.) So I have less time to play dedicated games than say a high school kid. The idea of having a faster way to approach things is nice to have at times. In competitive multiplayer however that is horseshit. Everybody should be on an even entry level in MP.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread