Dude!

by Jillybean, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 12:13 (4073 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Provocative language makes points ;)

Let's think of another hobby. I've recently taken up photography. I'm just starting out so I'm pretty crappy. I'm trying to master a whole new skillset. I find photographs of nature seem to be the easiest to get, but what I really want to be doing is portraits and candids, particularly of wildlife and animals. There are parts of photography I don't enjoy. I have no patience for editing in post, I don't want to be sitting over my laptop fixing something I feel like I should have got right first time. But I will if I think the final shot is good enough.

Cody has a very strict equation for 'fun'. My time is an investment to me and I will not always prioritise some aspects of gaming - such as multiplayer.

However, I do agree that there is an issue with microtransactions existing so you "pay not to play" I am not sure that it immediately follows that such microtransactions immediately makes the game bad, regardless of how much Cody yells. Not all games are made for everybody. The kind of game I enjoy isn't the kind of game Cody enjoys, but that doesn't make me any less of a gamer and I resent being told I'm ruining the hobby!

I'm no less a photographer because I like taking of photos of cute bunnies rather than warzones.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread