Reply 2

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, March 03, 2013, 19:46 (4061 days ago) @ Avateur

So back to where I started, I guess I don't see how you agree with Cliffy B since you didn't really touch on what he said (which seemed to be nothing but "I want money and I want that money by any means necessary, especially when it works" without actually looking at anything else critically). Your thoughts as a whole, though, were great to read!

(Also, it seems I broke the word count :P)

My reply kind of rambled. Sorry. I'm a capitalist, so there's that. Cliff seems to be one, too. That said, I don't think you're quite characterizing Cliff accurately--did you miss this part?

"I’ve been transparent with most folks I’ve worked with in my career as to why I got into this business. First, to make amazing products – because I love the medium more than any. "

Cliff is uncertain about what the future will look like, but he doesn't seem pessimistic. I believe that there is always a market for something new and different and better. New trends wear themselves out and old trends come back, reinvented. So I guess my attitude is that this, too, shall pass. Periods of turmoil end. Someone creative is going to do something no one expects, people will love playing it, it will make money, then that model will be the trendsetter.

You might say it's destined to happen. ;-)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread