Defeated Skolas last night (House of Wolves thoughts) (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, June 10, 2015, 15:00 (3267 days ago)

I logged on this morning and wrote a huge long rant about what a bad taste I have in my mouth from the Level 35 PoE challenge and this whole House of Wolves "expansion" . I wrote about how little new content was actually included compared to any other game that uses that term, how the lone piece of PvE end game content is poorly designed and poorly implemented. How most of the new gear is lackluster, and I don't have room for the good stuff because our vault space is still too limited. I wrote about how House of Wolves does not feel like the work of a huge AAA studio, but rather the efforts of a small and hard working team inside Bungie while the rest of the studio is working on other stuff.

I wrote all this stuff, and then deleted it. Instead, I'm going to say this:

We need level 34 Raids, and we need more vault space.

I know there are lots of people who disagree with me on this, but in my opinion Prison of Elders just doesn't cut it. The arenas are poorly designed, the encounters are dull, and the boss fights flip between ridiculously punishing and easily exploitable. IMO, PoE belongs in Destiny, but not as "end game" content. It should be right there along side the strike playlists as a fun little diversion. Maybe level 28, 30 and 32. And even then, it needs major improvements before it stands up to other activities in Destiny, or to Arena modes in other games.

I think we should have gotten more with House of Wolves, but there's no point in lamenting that fact. That's why I bring up level 34 versions of the 2 existing raids. We need a top level PvE activity other than PoE, and we need it yesterday. I don't see any chance of getting new content before The Taken King, but if Bungie could at least give us higher-difficulty versions of Crota's End and VoG, we would have a couple worthwhile activities to hold us over.

The vault space issue is tricky. I know it's not a problem for the majority of Destiny players, therefore it is difficult for Bungie to prioritize. Personally speaking, new gear is a big part of Destiny's replay value. Not just having it, but actually using it. I enjoy swapping gear as I replay missions over and over... helps keep things fresh. But at this point, I'm full. I can squeeze in a couple more heavy weapons, and that's it. With the ability to acquire new gear gone, Destiny becomes a bit less appealing.

So that's my thought of the day. Level 34 raids and more vault space pleeaaaze :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread