Ahhh, another detail I cut from my original post... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, June 10, 2015, 20:15 (3263 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by CruelLEGACEY, Wednesday, June 10, 2015, 20:19

If I played a mode where I thought the arenas were designed badly, and the encounters were dull, except the boss was fun to go up against... I'd probably go back. If The encounters were dull (and the boss was an exercise in frustration), but the arenas were really cool, maybe I'd go back. If the boss sucked and the arenas sucked but the general encounters were fun... I'd go back, I'd just do it less because the boss fight would put me off.

IF ALL THREE SUCKED, I WOULDN'T PLAY.

This was my first time playing level 35 Prison of Elders. Probably should have mentioned that lol!

I totally see where you're coming from here, and that's my fault for not including that specific info.

I'd never tried level 35, never done the Skolas fight. I said to myself "I haven't enjoyed PoE so far, but I want to see this content". Who knows, maybe I'd find a boss fight I liked, maybe the difficulty would change things in a certain way. Either way, I wanted to see it for myself.

And that's me. Clearly, it's not you. Clearly, it's not other people here, either, since I see similar "there is nothing about this encounter I enjoy" posts from people who are obviously going back and doing this mode or that again.

More info I left out (I really suck at this sometimes ;p). I've played very little PoE since HoW launched, simply because I don't enjoy it. But I do go back in to a level 28 or 32 about once per week just to see if my perspective changes. Once in a while I tend to slip in to "analytical" mode during my Destiny playtime, because I talk about this stuff on my podcast every week. I try to figure out why I enjoy some things, why others don't work for me. So yes, I dabble, but generally speaking I have avoided playing PoE.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread