We are the top % (Destiny)

by Durandal, Wednesday, June 10, 2015, 16:12 (3264 days ago) @ slycrel

I have 3 level 34 characters, a Titan, a Warlock and a Hunter. I have all the non-HoW exotics, multiples in fact. I have most raid weapons and gear, and all the ones I really want. I'm usually on for 10 hours a week.

My vault is full of weapons. I've started sharding "extras" just so I could try out new stuff. Do I really need 3 No land beyond? I hardly ever use it. I've got 10 guns in my mail just waiting for vault space to open up.

My brother plays a couple of hours a month. He has a Last Word and an Ice Breaker as his only exotics. He's never raided, but I've run him through the first levels of Crota a few times for gear. I took him on his first nightfall last week, even though he's had the game since release. He just could never get geared up before the next expansion would move the goal posts.

For him this is a great release. He'd love to try some Osirus, but gear holds him back. PVP though is his bread and butter and he has a good time. I've started coaxing him through the PoE since we can do it in an hour and only need to find one other person. He doesn't worry about grinding gear now that he can reroll it to his tastes, and doesn't need shards to level it.

Basically, for non-hardcore players this is an excellent release. There are several paths to end game gear, via IB, nightfalls, Osirus, or Poe. IB can be solo'ed. The rest only require 3 people. Most only require a couple of hours total per week.

I'd love more stuff and more causal 6 man activities, but I'll take this as a good step in bridging the casual and hard core players.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread