You will never have all the things. Ever. (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, June 10, 2015, 16:33 (3264 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

This game is never, EVER going to give you substantial expansion. You will get enough for your next hit, and that is all :P Hit the new ceiling too fast and you simply crash harder.

I'm having a really hard time believing that you are constantly switching though armors and weapons, except for when you change characters.

I'm sure you do SOME switching, but even when I decide to fire up my hunter on occasion, I still use the same weapon set for the most part. More power to you if you are changing it up often, but color me skeptical.

I TRY my new stuff out all the time. I'll level it enough to get it's perks unlocked, take it for a spin, and if it doesn't 'wow' me, it's trashed.

Done.

You really can't have your cake and eat it too, with Destiny.

The whole reason we can now re-roll weapons is so that you have better odds of getting something you WANT and thus will keep. I don't need 25 different scout rifles anymore. You'd be much better off keeping the stuff you really like. Like REALLY like.

I try to keep one element type of each weapon that I like, Scouts, Shottys, HMGs and rockets. Oh, and the occasional elemental primary.

All the rest I don't like enough to use. The rest of my slots are occupied by exotics, which truly FEEL exotic to me. Because I'm not an AR player for instance, I get more enjoyment out of my Hard Light when I do use it. Same with Hawkmoon.

And with armor, similar situation. I only keep the things that favor my skill set of choice. I don't need 5 of the same boots, but one holds more shotgun ammo, one more fusion ammo, one more handcannon etc. As I get raid armor, I shard it once I get a better (for me) piece. First VOG chest is strength heavy, then I get a new one that is Intellect, which I prefer? Welp, no reason to hold onto that first one anymore!

To each their own, but I think you are your own problem with Destiny in this case.

Also, I try to cut Bungie a little slack with this first game. They're learning as they go. "The Endgame" is a misnomer, because Destiny has no end.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread