Some thoughts on your thoughts. (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, June 10, 2015, 21:13 (3264 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by iconicbanana, Wednesday, June 10, 2015, 21:17

Your post has raised two distinct thoughts to me that I've been mulling for a bit here.

The first: it's good to have both sides of an issue presented, and I think you've done a good job in the past of listing where PoE might not meet the standard Bungie set for themselves previously in endgame, especially if you found the raids to be the real meat of the game so far. Generally, whenever you get an opinion on the internet, it can be easy for one side to drown out the other, until everybody left in a forum is a homogeneous vanilla paste. It's always worth raising a potentially unpopular opinion, and sticking to it (kudos).

That said, you did raise that opinion two weeks ago, and we had a lengthy (and sometimes less than constructive) discussion on the subject. It's continued in this thread. Consider if you'd just posted those last two paragraphs?

I think we should have gotten more with House of Wolves, but there's no point in lamenting that fact. That's why I bring up level 34 versions of the 2 existing raids. We need a top level PvE activity other than PoE, and we need it yesterday. I don't see any chance of getting new content before The Taken King, but if Bungie could at least give us higher-difficulty versions of Crota's End and VoG, we would have a couple worthwhile activities to hold us over.

The vault space issue is tricky. I know it's not a problem for the majority of Destiny players, therefore it is difficult for Bungie to prioritize. Personally speaking, new gear is a big part of Destiny's replay value. Not just having it, but actually using it. I enjoy swapping gear as I replay missions over and over... helps keep things fresh. But at this point, I'm full. I can squeeze in a couple more heavy weapons, and that's it. With the ability to acquire new gear gone, Destiny becomes a bit less appealing.

So that's my thought of the day. Level 34 raids and more vault space pleeaaaze :)

These are excellent points, and this thread as a whole should probably have focused on them. It's quite likely something Bungie could implement, and it's worth bringing up. But if it's blanketed with an affirmation that yes, you did the PoE 35 and you still don't care for PoE, you've gone back and brought up that past conversation. And the cycle repeats.

The second thought: part of the backlash I'm seeing in this thread *might* be an editorial issue. Specifically, your use of the first person plural. Looking back at one of those last paragraphs:

I think we should have gotten more with House of Wolves, but there's no point in lamenting that fact. That's why I bring up level 34 versions of the 2 existing raids. We need a top level PvE activity other than PoE, and we need it yesterday. I don't see any chance of getting new content before The Taken King, but if Bungie could at least give us higher-difficulty versions of Crota's End and VoG, we would have a couple worthwhile activities to hold us over.

Now you're telling people what they think, when it's really what you think. And subconsciously, that never sits well with someone who disagrees with you.

Furthermore, if you also respond to every dissenting opinion in the thread, it starts to make it feel like you've harped on this point more times than you actually have. It's sometimes worth letting dissenting opinions sit and be what they are, or you can end up drowning out the discussion.

Just some thoughts. I do really like the level 34 raid idea; it would be nice to use all those 365 guns and still have things be tough.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread