Regarding gear... (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, June 10, 2015, 20:40 (3264 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That's also your opinion. I have no qualms about a 10 year game plan. Most of my favorite game were not one off's but series. Rainbow Six, CoD, Splinter Cell, Battlefield, and of course Halo. I'd say Halo's first 10 years, all the Bungie years were great.

Those are separate games in a series. That is dramatically different than one game continually updated with DLC. Five games in ten years is fine. One game with lots of content updates in ten years is not.

I don't know why everyone is still fixated on this and so sure what it means. They said they have a ten-year plan. I'm not aware of them ever saying (or even implying) this one game was supposed to have ten years of content updates, and they've barely even mentioned that ten-year figure since the game launched. In fact, I think the first few times they said it they were specifically talking about the story, not the volume of gameplay or number of games or anything else. Making this game last 10 years would be dumb, IMHO. There's no guarantee the older consoles' networks will even be up and running that long.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread