If the rumours are true... (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, June 11, 2015, 00:15 (3267 days ago) @ Claude Errera

... then Comet is the first expansion that I feel will actually earn the label of "expansion". I think TDB and HoW both have some great content, but they do feel quite thin given the price and time between releases.

I've seen a number of posts making similar observations this week. Which I find funny, given how many people were saying HoW was ABSOLUTELY WORTH THE PRICE OF ENTRY after the first couple of days. ;)

Destiny apparently does not compare favorably to other games though in terms of content for dollars. You hear all the time WoW has more stuff to do. WoW is 15 bucks a month (I think), and up until this point Destiny has cost $11.25 a month, without counting PSN plus. Not that I think WoW "things to do" are necessarily something Bungie should strive for, but this is where that criticism is coming from.

In my opinion, Destiny would have been better served as a 40 hour game, that is compact, with a high awesome per second ratio. Note that many years ago, I called upon that same principle and was chewed out by Matt Soell, saying it was nebulous and unhelpful, yet here 6 years later the game designers at extra credits are espousing it. They work as consultants, so they actually teach and tell people this stuff.

Destiny unfortunately has a rather low awesome per second ratio when you consider everything.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread