If the rumours are true... (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 10, 2015, 19:34 (3263 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

You are equating hours to worth. I think most equate the quality of those hours, instead of the quantity to worth.

For me, almost all of the time, they're the same thing - because when I'm not enjoying myself, I stop playing.

If you see Destiny as a grind, or you play to reach some non-"I'm playing because I like this game" goal... your mileage may vary.

There is space in between the 2 extremes, though. At least for some of us. I LOVE Destiny. I wouldn't play it every night if that weren't the case. But I also see things I think could be done better, things that can be improved. So I come here to talk about them. And more often than not, the issues I have get fixed down the road because Bungie is fantastic at listening to feedback and working to keep the fans engaged :)

I'm nowhere near the extreme - I definitely have problems with parts of Destiny. And I'd love for them to be 'fixed' (read: made more enjoyable to me). And I love the discussion that happens here, and elsewhere on the internet, and I LOVE that some of that gets incorporated into the game in ways that (generally) make people happy.

I guess what I don't love is the hyperbole. Or even the specific focus on the negative. I read some of these posts, and in a vacuum (which is where some of our forumgoers are coming from, remember; not everyone hangs out here all the time), I could certainly be forgiven for thinking that people like you actually disliked the game in general. Sentences like this:

"The arenas are poorly designed, the encounters are dull, and the boss fights flip between ridiculously punishing and easily exploitable."

do NOT leave a lot of room for discussion - if I believed that sentence (without qualifiers - and you put no qualifiers in) I would never enter PoE again. Period.

I realize that in the moment you wrote that, it's how you felt. (In fact, come to think of it, that might be how you feel in GENERAL about PoE, and your cutoff for "never going back in" might just be farther down the frustration scale than mine.) All I'm really saying is that if I were to go by your words alone, I'd be baffled about why you still play certain modes. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread