Regarding gear... (Destiny)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Wednesday, June 10, 2015, 16:57 (3264 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm a little disappointed in the increased drop rate. Getting a legendary doesn't really feel special anymore. Getting your Nth exotic isn't really exciting either. I almost made a post about this yesterday.

"Then you're left with nothing if your base game isn't fun."

Good thing the base game is a ton of fun! It's the simple basic structure of the game that was done so well. The shooting, the art/environments. These are standard to all shooters and Destiny does them above and beyond almost any other.

"Bungie should not be afraid to simply let their game end, and players put it down."

I don't think a traditional 20-40 hr, standard single playthrough campaign then put down type design would have worked at all for Destiny. They have a 10 year plan. Much like people don't use the term WoW 2, I don't think there will be a true Destiny 2. I think this game will simply continue to evolve and expand with things we love, things we don't yet know we'll love, and maybe some things we'll hate because they don't fit our style. There are so many people playing destiny in there own unique way, and this is required because you need people to keep this game alive for 10 years. So if a loot is one way of doing that, I think that is great. I really feel there is at least something for everyone at this point. Are there still some weak points, sure. Story is probably the most lackluster thing surprisingly. But its getting better each patch and expansion.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread