Have you played Mass Effect 3? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, June 10, 2015, 21:46 (3267 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I think maybe it's less that flanking doesn't work in Destiny, after all critical headshot damage was important in ME3 as well and generally only hittable from the front just like Destiny. I think it was more that you don't have time to flank or can't flank in Destiny because the PoE maps are already full of enemies by the time flanking becomes necessary. I'd run back and forth across the map during the Skolas battle and not be able to find 5 seconds of time to recharge my shield because some random Dreg or Shank would be lingering way the heck over there. While ME3's basic gameplay, where cover would protect you from most incoming fire, made drawing fire much easier and safer, I think flanking would work in Destiny too if the maps were bigger and if Bungie would stop or drastically reduce the number of enemies that spawned on one side for a while.

And yep, I do wish Supers in Destiny remained "super" no matter what level of enemies you were fighting. Sure, bosses and certain high level enemies should stand up to a Super, but most enemies, even fairly high level ones, shouldn't just stand there and beat you to death while you're slicing into them with Arc Blade or whatever! Maybe Supers could do more damage vs Majors, at least enough to offset the Majors' increased armor and hp, instead of being completely ineffective? It's kinda sad that the most useful Supers for high level content are the ones that turn you invisible, or block enemy shots, or bring you back after you've been killed... again...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread