Regarding gear... (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 10, 2015, 16:32 (3263 days ago) @ red robber

I'm a little disappointed in the increased drop rate. Getting a legendary doesn't really feel special anymore. Getting your Nth exotic isn't really exciting either. I almost made a post about this yesterday.

Guess what? This is the nature of what Bungie has set out to do with tons of DLC and mini expansions. I've written about the numerous creative problems with this type of content release, and that's one more straw. The stream of rewards through an investment system will run out sooner or later. Then you're left with nothing if your base game isn't fun. That's PoE. The solution is bigger base game with fewer weapons. No RNG loot, but loot acquired through feats of skill or exploration. Bungie should not be afraid to simply let their game end, and players put it down. I feel bad it took people years and 100s of millions of dollars to illustrate what I've been saying since 2010.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread