Regarding gear... (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 10, 2015, 16:22 (3264 days ago) @ slycrel

Vault Space is not an issue for me anymore.

Every time I get a Queen's Legendary, it is instantly moted. The biggest problem that makes new legendary gear worthless is the changed perks. Before, enhancements were straight up enhancements. Now, each carries a tradeoff. Want to increase range? You've got to take a hit to stability. Want more stability? You get a smaller magazine.

However, since now you can ascend old gear, all the great stuff you had previously easily trumps anything and everything new. The only exception so far has been Hopscotch Pilgrim, Ill Will, and BTRD.

This is the biggest problem with new gear, yet a blessing for those of us with no vault space. It's simply impossible to top the old stuff, especially the old elementals primaries. Yet if the new gear sucks, and PoE is lame, why would people be motivated to do it? Literally the only reason I am going to play PoE is for the Cipher Exotics. One I get them, I'm never touching it again, except maybe the 28 version to burn my keys for a shot at Hawkmoon.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread