Get to Know your Fellow D.B.Oer | Music (Embed Vids) (DBO)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, April 08, 2018, 21:35 (2210 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by INSANEdrive, Sunday, April 08, 2018, 22:30

Thanks for your replies all!
------------------------------------------------------

• What do you look for in music? What is musics purpose for you?

There is a lot of music out there. So I have to filter out what it is I listen to regularly to prove it's worth. My current method for music starts by not listening to it. Sort of odd right? But this isn't the Funkmon method towards music (;P), as my meaning is of mental participation. It has to pluck at my head to be recognized. I'll turn on some continually playing playlist of things and just read, and if it resonates with my head, I'll feel it and I'll note of the name if I can. After that, the music has to prove that I'll still like it a month or so after I have heard it.

I love music, in part because there are so many uses for it. It's can assist with focusing on a task at work, use it to lounge and add to the little things, or occasionally I'll just dance.

Music is the a seasoning of a moment. What's not to like?

• How has your taste for music changed, if they have, through the years and what do you think caused this/these change(s)?

Starting out, there was alot of Classical as that was all I really knew. I wasn't yet curious nor aware about music yet. If it was on, I probably enjoyed it. Whatever. Around me there was a verity of music being played. Love songs as a certain family relative loved this announcers (DJ?) voice and would help with sleep. There was also alot of Billy Joel and Kenny Loggins. Smooth Jazz too. I recall really liking the song "We didn't Start the Fire". I didn't understand a word being said, so I just thought it was catchy. Boy - the difference a fairly vast knowledge of history makes.

Any who the first time I really started to note what I enjoyed or preferred happened by accident. It was late October of whenever. It was an ad for some CD. The music on it was... different. Unlike anything I had ever heard before.

I don't recall exactly what the name of the CD was or really what the songs were on it except for one; Tubular bells. It was a complication of songs... and I think it was this.

I never did get that CD. I remember being in a Halloween shop, and I saw the CD, but I had use my allowance to get it. It was $99.99. I wanted to, and I could have, but I didn't. Dad was proud.

The damage was done though, those sounds stayed with me as I grew to understand music and what it was.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
^- Then - History Skip - Now -V
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thus I present but a taste some of my addiction which you should totally not click on;

Uplifting Trance

Progressive House

Fairly New! Synthwave

The Midnight (Jazzy Synth Wave! HOLY EARGAZAM BATMAN!)

NEW!Chill Hip-Hop(?)

Ambient? I mean... whatever Tycho is... this.

Vocal Focus

(Soundtracks too!)

Halo / Ezio Assassins Creed / Mirrors Edge / Mass Effect / Skyrim ... so on.

• Bonus Question: Have you ever played an instrument? If so do you still play? Are or were you any good? Is there anything you've thought about playing?

Yep. Double Bass. I wanted to play Jazz and make my mother happy. (Awwwww <3) I no longer play, but I miss it. I could play, but I could have been much better. I didn't have my heart in the task. Someday perhaps I'll go guitar of some-sort or piano, time will tell. Wind instruments are GROSS. Spit valves ya'll. Ugh.

(Edit:Two of the songs I linked was not what I thought it was. Updated Vocals with extra links. Added end... prose?)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread