Get to Know your Fellow D.B.Oer | Music (DBO)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, April 09, 2018, 21:58 (2180 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by stabbim, Monday, April 09, 2018, 22:03

Taking Back Sunday is another one of those bands that I have a real connection with. They're still putting out great stuff. The original band broke up after their first album with a rotating cast of members for every album after that until the original members got back together in 2010. My girlfriend at the time, two other friends, and I drove from here in Missouri up to Chicago to see them on the short little tour they did before starting work on their first album together since 2002. They've been together every since, and their stuff keeps getting better. They never made Tell All Your Friends 2 like every seemed to want, but I'm glad they haven't. Their latest record still has a great sound that's reminiscent of TAYF, but it's matured in a way that I really love.

I saw them at Riot Fest in Chicago last year! First time seeing them live. Unfortunately, I haven't done a good job keeping up with their newer stuff, but fortunately for me they managed to squeeze in a ton of material that I did know. Singing along with that crowd to "You're so Last Summer" was an experience I will never forget.

Oh, and being a Paramore (who were also at Riot Fest) fan I totally get the band maturing in spite of everyone. Someone was lamenting the loss of "old Paramore" recently and Hayley told them "they're on YouTube" LMFAO. I mean, it wasn't said in a mean way, but I laughed anyway.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread