Ze Forsaken Story Spoilers! Zay here! Zay here! (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 15:57 (2063 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway...

This is the full on spoiler thread.

So I presume that means spoilers.

You should too.

Why?

Cus' spoilers... yo.

So if you even think you are going to play

From these posts you should go away.

---------------------------------------------------------

How can I say something about the story when I haven't finished it? Because none of us have, and if you are here, all of us has. So for the moment, I'm to speak about what "Triumphs -> Vanguard -> General: Vengeance", which is the "Campaign of Destiny 2: Forsaken". So when I say Space Testicle, you know what I'm talking about.

The story is, well, on it's own is the ever standard Destiny shallow... crap that we've with apathy "groaned" to expect. But it's not on it's own. It's a part. It's motivating chapter, the call towards action, and not a full course. For me, the campaign ultimately felt more a nuisance. The bone in way of the marrow. That's not to say I didn't have my moments of fun, just that sitting back and thinking about what transpired is not fun. It's just in the way.

For the sake of size, I'm leaving out a bunch of stuff for the moment. What I'm not holding back on, is that ending. I can't... I just... Dear heavens... I want to see the concept art for that ending. I mean, was there even!? ... No, wait. I'm going to push back in time abit before we talk about the Space Meatball.

Alright, so Uldren is hearing voices, and the final push is being made by the whispers in his head. Now correct me if I'm wrong - and I know you will - one of those whispers FLAT-OUT-SAYS "Oh Brother mine", or something to such an effect. Now I'm no Forum Cryptarch, but I know a linguistic pattern when I see/hear one, and THAT pattern implys ONE THING. Ahamkara.

So I go, "Holy Shit - I'm about to fight an Ahamkara?"

Now... with retrospect being what it is, had that one line not been there, I would have put up with the Space Weeaboo in stride. I would have still rolled my eyes, but in stride. Now, I'm just disappointed. Worse - they calling this… this… Toothed Space Vagina, a "chimera", which I guess works but... man is it disappointing. This last, thing, this… Tentacled Langelier, doesn’t look like they planed this. It looks, and plays, like a last minute thing. Perhaps it’s because whatever they’ve planned on will be in the raid, but… seeing as apparently a fair number of people never get to play the raid, that’s rather sad.

It was obnoxious to fight, confusing to look at, and simply out from left field story wise. The “Dark Heart” from OG Vanilla Destiny made more sense. Come ON!

Yet, none of us has finished story, so who knows, maybe Bungie can make a Space Butthole endearing. I doubt it, but we’ll see. After all, everything else so far has been flippen awesome.

Oh. One more thing. The Awoken = Tolkien Elves. Confirmed. The Dreaming City... Wow.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread