regarding the Dreaming City [Forsaken Spoilers] (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 12:22 (2062 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by CruelLEGACEY, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 12:32

***DREAMING CITY SPOILERS***

There are at least three portals in The Dreaming City that connect to different points within it. I explored extensively over the past couple of days and I don't think anything I reached will have anything to do with the Raid. But... it's also a massive and confusing place.

My favorite things so far:

Most of The Dreaming City is Powerlevel 510, while some of the challenging parts are like 540... which is high enough to make enemies ??? invincible when you are in the 400s. I breached 500 last night and suddenly I could explore everywhere. Some of the fights were really tough by myself, but nothing stood in my way in the end.

There is definitely at least 1 area that goes above 540. There's a Lost Sector near the very center of the map... you reach it from within Petra's zone. Not only did the enemies in this lost sector have skulls over their heads, but I literally could not damage them, and I was over 500 at the time. Just a few minutes earlier, I had cleared another Lost Sector that was 540 without much trouble. I don't know how much higher these foes would need to be in order to be invincible to a 500 guardian, but I'm guessing in the 550-560 range at least.

I love that Patrol Beacons are Awoken Corsairs!

Right!? It's so cool. There is also at least one point on the map where the Corsairs are defending a position against attacking Skorn. It's funny how excited I was just to see NPCs fighting each other :)

Speaking of Corsairs, I found an interesting mini mission that involved tracking one down.

Was that a patrol-beacon mission, or just something that you happened across?

There are also multiple Arc Cores hidden around The Dreaming City that you can pick up and presumably use to charge or power... something. For instance, see if you can find the one near Petra Venj! There's another one out in the mists a little past the generator you have to defend on the beach in Petra's area. There's probably more!

There is at least 1 chest that can be unlocked by Arc cells

I found a Lost Sector that had a puzzle involving Servitor Balls. (Remember the mini Servitor you could roll around the Vestian Outpost in D1? Those things. Several of them.)

Is it the one right next to the landing zone? I saw a mini Servitor rolling around there, but thought nothing of it. I'll need to go back :)

I found the Blind Well (I mean... it's on the map so it's not hard) but have not activated it yet. I want a team with me when I do...

I wandered in there and found a Blueberry in the middle of an activity. There was a sort of dome shield over the pit in the middle of the room. We basically had to stand in it and survive a wave of Skorn that attacked us. When it ended, there was a button prompt while standing next to the pillar in the middle, which I believe would activate the next "tier" of the challenge, but I couldn't activate it. It requires some kind of currency that you buy from Petra. Looks like there are several versions of the currency, with different versions used to activate different tiers of the challenge. There was no reward for completing Tier 1, so it doesn't seem particularly worth doing (from a loot point of view) unless you also have the currency to activate later tiers.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread