regarding the Dreaming City [Forsaken Spoilers] (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 11:50 (2062 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

There are at least three portals in The Dreaming City that connect to different points within it. I explored extensively over the past couple of days and I don't think anything I reached will have anything to do with the Raid. But... it's also a massive and confusing place.

My favorite things so far:

Most of The Dreaming City is Powerlevel 510, while some of the challenging parts are like 540... which is high enough to make enemies ??? invincible when you are in the 400s. I breached 500 last night and suddenly I could explore everywhere. Some of the fights were really tough by myself, but nothing stood in my way in the end.

The Gardens of Esila are probably my favorite locations. You can see the main garden in the distance from where Petra is. To the left of the beach Public Event location. It's the tall dome-like structure made of loops that has ivy and stuff growing off of them. There's a bunch of challenging enemies, but it is so beautiful.

Harbinger's Seclude is also beautiful and mysterious. Also... there are the bones (and spirits?!) of a pair of dead Ahamkara there! They will trade materials with you... There's also a working elevator!

I love that Patrol Beacons are Awoken Corsairs!

Speaking of Corsairs, I found an interesting mini mission that involved tracking one down.

There are also multiple Arc Cores hidden around The Dreaming City that you can pick up and presumably use to charge or power... something. For instance, see if you can find the one near Petra Venj! There's another one out in the mists a little past the generator you have to defend on the beach in Petra's area. There's probably more!

I found a Lost Sector that had a puzzle involving Servitor Balls. (Remember the mini Servitor you could roll around the Vestian Outpost in D1? Those things. Several of them.)

I found the Blind Well (I mean... it's on the map so it's not hard) but have not activated it yet. I want a team with me when I do...

There's a ton of scripting and enemies and battles that have multiple waves that get harder almost everywhere. Even in the farthest reaches I've gotten to I've been challenged by interesting enemy encounters. If nothing else, this space is a challenge to explore!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread