On Uldren . . . (and other things) (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 16:54 (2062 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Ragashingo, Wednesday, September 05, 2018, 17:39

There’s quite a bit of Uldren scheming in the lore. There’s a whole story about his journey into the Black Garden which I only have parts of but which looks real interesting. There’s also one small story talking about why he despises Guardians and the things he did to them. Killing them a few times wasn’t the meanest thing he did, for instance. When he started burying Patrol Beacons just far enough under ground that Guardians could find them but not activate them... that’s when he got nasty. :p

Ultimately, he didn’t use his people for his own ends because his actions were never really directed at his ends. He was trying to free his sister from the Dreaming City, but she was never actually trapped there. The creature trapped there was clearly distorting his mind and using his devotion to his sister to get him to do terrible things.

Fortunately, it seems we arrived in time to stop the thing trapped in The Dreaming City from getting out... or did we?! Or did it actually want out in the first place? Things are going to get really interesting once raiding starts. You can go read the 22,000ish word history of the Awoken that’s linked off a reply to my last topic and learn who all the players are that influenced Uldren and who will influence us. I could just say “the big bad is X working at the behest of Y for the purpose of Z, and I will eventually. But, I think this whole evolution of The Dreaming City over the next few weeks that Bungie has teased is going to be very interesting to watch unfold. Both from a gameplay sense and in the way the gameplay and lore merge.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread