On story/people [endgame spoiler] (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, September 06, 2018, 07:02 (2062 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Ultimately, he didn’t use his people for his own ends because his actions were never really directed at his ends. He was trying to free his sister from the Dreaming City, but she was never actually trapped there. The creature trapped there was clearly distorting his mind and using his devotion to his sister to get him to do terrible things.

So in regards to the endgame boss and dreaming city... I would not read this if you haven't gotten to the dreaming city if you want to stay spoiler free.

I just assumed Riven was some bad creature that was trapped in the dreaming city/other plane and that was some malicious thing. But after thinking about Riven again, knowing it's made from light and darkness makes sense for the dreaming city aspect. However, it wasn't until [dreaming city spoiler] Petra talks to Mara Sov that they mention that Riven was familiar to them, as if it was a good friend that got tainted by the taken. And it makes me believe that Riven was one of the Techeuns that might have gotten corrupted? Because when you play the mission to get to the dreaming city, you see what look like Techeuns right before you are teleported into the taken realm. It's also stated in the [dreaming city spoiler] conversation with Mara Sov that she is fighting a battle that is constantly happening and that she needs to get back to it.

My bet is that Mara Sov and her Techeuns where somehow transported to the taken realm right before her ship exploded. And that she is either fighting to get out, although that didn't seem the case from the conversation, or she is trying to seize the power of the taken from Oryx or maybe one of the sisters.

I might add that the idea of a character that is off fighting a battle in some other time and place seems very familiar... maybe like the Stranger?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread