On Cayde . . . (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, September 07, 2018, 07:00 (2061 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I've been back and forth on Cayde a lot.

Ultimately, I mostly land where you do, Cruel. He was great in the Taken King, then they cranked it up to the point of being ridiculous.

The first mission of Forsaken had me bouncing back and forth on him more than ever. Some of his jokes landed for me, some moments had me rolling my eyes pretty hard. The bit where he was in the room dicking with the security system really worked for me. The way he entered the prison by just jumping over the ledge worked as well. But lots of his dialog was straight up bad.

Agreed. I kept wondering if I would have been OK with the cheesy dialogue if I wasn't also adjusting to a new voice actor, but either way, nearly everything Cayde said during that mission bugged the crap out of me. I am really sad that Nathan Fillion didn't get to play Cayde's final scenes :(

The cutscene at the end of the mission is like perfect Cayde, though. Being a badass, cracking some jokes, but nothing over the top, then some real emotion at the end. That's the Cayde I loved, and I think it was ultimately a great note that lets me remember Cayde fondly rather than just being glad he's dead.

Agreed here, too. I guess if I'm honest, I just want Cayde to be Exo Malcom Reynolds, and I think that's what we got all through the Barons fight and in his final scenes.

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread