+1 (Destiny)

by Phoenix_9286 @, Friday, September 07, 2018, 10:53 (2061 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Pretty much agree with this. There are now so many sources of drops that will increase your light level, levelling up is the smoothest that it’s ever been.

However...

That’s not really what infusion is about. Infusion is basically a way of taking your favourite old stuff and keeping it usable. And in a game where it can take a very large amount of playtime to acquire some of these weapons or pieces of armor, I do think it’s a bit of a dick move to make so obscenely expensive to infuse it upward. I put a lot of time, effort, and energy into my masterworked Whisper of the Worm. So obviously, I’d like to be able to use the damn thing. Now, I’m not the average player. I’m able to put more time into Destiny than a lot of other people. So I went into Forsaken with enough resources to infuse a select few favourite weapons up to 500, and I’m glad about that because I’m having a blast. But I do sympathize with players who don’t spend as much time playing as I do, and are looking at the cost of infusion and thinking “WTF?!”.

Exactly. I'm more than open to finding new gear that I'll love, but until I do, I'd rather not be using Item #153 - A Rare Relic Of The Golden Age Part 37. I'd much rather keep using my tried and true standbys, and I can't do that if I have to keep dropping whatever enjoyable activity I'm doing to spend time bouncing between planets gathering mats, or waiting for RNGeesus to bestow a Masterwork Core unto me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread