Gotta play the meta to know the meta (Destiny)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, September 08, 2018, 09:33 (2060 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I don’t see it as being cut and dry one way or the other. I certainly want to try out some of the new toys that come with each expansion. I take a look at each new drop that I get, if it looks interesting I’ll use it for 10 minutes. 99% if the time, I shard it and go back to what I was using before. I totally appreciate the argument that it’s a new expansion, so play with the new stuff! However, at this point in D2’s lifespan, a weapon needs to stand out in some significant way for me to be excited about using it. Being a player who spends a lot of time in the game, most of the weapons I use are top-tier. Most of the drops I’m getting now are just another average hand cannon or fusion rifle or sidearm... nothing that stands a chance of eclipsing what I’m already using.

We are back at the Age of God-Rolls again. I agree it sucks, but it's definitely worth fiddling around before sharding.

And I think we all know that’s the real reason that infusion is so expensive. Most of the new guns simply can’t be as good as the best stuff we’ve already acquired, so Bungie needs to somehow force us into using the new blues and generic legendaries. Which for me ultimately makes me feel like I’m being de-powered. Even though the numbers on all my new weapons are higher than my old weapons, I feel less effective in combat. Doesn’t that run counter to the entire idea of increasing our light level?

No. You are also running against higher level enemies, so it balances out. Try running your old gear in the new strikes, see how 'much more effective' you really are. ;)

Other than that, I definitely agree with your sentiment. These new weapons, for now, feel kind of meh. Maybe we should give the game more than 5 days of RNG before deciding it all sucks, though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread