People wanting to bring their old stuff forward are chumps. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 07, 2018, 11:23 (2061 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

That’s not really what infusion is about. Infusion is basically a way of taking your favourite old stuff and keeping it usable. And in a game where it can take a very large amount of playtime to acquire some of these weapons or pieces of armor, I do think it’s a bit of a dick move to make so obscenely expensive to infuse it upward. I put a lot of time, effort, and energy into my masterworked Whisper of the Worm. So obviously, I’d like to be able to use the damn thing. Now, I’m not the average player. I’m able to put more time into Destiny than a lot of other people. So I went into Forsaken with enough resources to infuse a select few favourite weapons up to 500, and I’m glad about that because I’m having a blast. But I do sympathize with players who don’t spend as much time playing as I do, and are looking at the cost of infusion and thinking “WTF?!”.

Find a new crutch! :P

That said, I've been able to infuse about five or six things up to 500 so far by buying Cores from the Spider every day, and all of my other stuff simply by pulling it from the Collections bin and paying the 5k glimmer to infuse (Don't use any MCs until you're at 500!).

As far as Masterwork Cores go, if you only buy three or four a day from Spider, you don't pay so much. Plus, yesterday he was selling almost all of the planetary resources for 1 Legendary shard per stack of 5. Crazy cheap way to stock up on them, and he never once raised the price on those, so infusing gear was a cinch.

Among the normal Masterwork drops and that weird consumable thing that guarantees you a Masterwork Core, I was able to infuse my Right Side of Wrong up to Masterwork 9 before I ran out of cores, so I just have to wait to buy four more from Spider today. It's not a race!

And that said, I found myself running not just a lot of the new weapons (again, RSoW is a monster. It's basically The Messenger from D1 if you use Empowering Rift), but a lot of Blues as well. Not only are the classics still great (Ros Lysis), but I found one SMG that I carried around for almost 100 Light levels. Do blues get random rolls as well? Because this thing ate people alive with almost no recoil...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread