Gotta play the meta to know the meta (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 07, 2018, 15:36 (2061 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

And I think we all know that’s the real reason that infusion is so expensive. Most of the new guns simply can’t be as good as the best stuff we’ve already acquired, so Bungie needs to somehow force us into using the new blues and generic legendaries.

In D1 that was absolutely true. How do you top Fatebringer? I don’t think that same thing is true in D2, though. I love my Servive Revolver, but it’s not some untopable power house. That does get muddier when you start talking about IKELOS weapons or Whisper of the Worm. Although, I’ve already found a Kinetic shotgun I love just as much as IKELOS, even if it’s less effective in terms of sheer damage potential.

I do think random rolls help in that regard though. I have a 180rpm energy handcannon that feels great, but with shit perks (hip-fire grip, seriously?), so I’ll be hunting that gun with Outlaw (hopefully—I’m looking forward to the breakdowns of perks and which guns can get which perks).

Regarding bows:

It actually blows my mind how good they feel, and how new they feel, despite mechanically being basically reskinned linear fusion rifle (yes, I know that’s an over-simplification, but c’mon, you still just hold the trigger to charge up a shot).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread