People wanting to bring their old stuff forward are chumps. (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, September 07, 2018, 13:20 (2061 days ago) @ Korny

(Don't use any MCs until you're at 500!).

Solid advice for anyone still leveling. If you infuse things up before that, you know you're just going to have to infuse it a second time (unless you end up dropping it for something else in the meantime, in which case it was even MORE pointless).

As far as Masterwork Cores go, if you only buy three or four a day from Spider, you don't pay so much. Plus, yesterday he was selling almost all of the planetary resources for 1 Legendary shard per stack of 5. Crazy cheap way to stock up on them, and he never once raised the price on those, so infusing gear was a cinch.

I've been sticking to 1 per day. It'll take me longer to get cores, but I'll be able to afford more in the long run. Planetary mats probably won't be an issue long term, once the flashpoint has had a chance to rotate through all the planets. The problem right now is it hasn't, so I've got 1 or 2 of those stacks with hundreds of items, and all the others have 15 or less.

Among the normal Masterwork drops and that weird consumable thing that guarantees you a Masterwork Core, I was able to infuse my Right Side of Wrong up to Masterwork 9 before I ran out of cores, so I just have to wait to buy four more from Spider today. It's not a race!

I really like that thing, but it'll take some doing for it to unseat Inaugural Address as my go-to solar pulse rifle. We'll see. Am I correct that, despite random perk rolls, everything seems to have a set element now? I knew the collection items were set, but I was under the impression that damage tpyes were still randomized, until I started playing Forsaken. I got 3 arc Misfits and I'm thinking that wasn't a coincidence.

I do like those new consumables - it's nice to have a solid way to work toward MW cores and shards, etc. Though I haven't used the glimmer ones yet because I'm constantly sitting at the cap.

Do blues get random rolls as well? Because this thing ate people alive with almost no recoil...

I don't think so. Pretty sure all my Cuboid ARUs were identical, other than light level.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread