Loot cave (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, September 21, 2014, 23:11 (3522 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's really stupid that this non-gameplay is encouraged, though. IMO Bungie should cause item drops to be astronomically reduced at higher levels, and similarly crank up the item drops for activity completion. Or just scale drops by enemy level. Or SOMETHING. ANYTHING to make the loot system less stupid.

I don't see why people do this. You get better results by buying gear from factions, getting free gear from factions on rep level up, the raid, and Xur.

So you farmed the cave for two hours and got a legendary? Too bad it turned blue.

I think it's more of the fact that you can get a ton of Blue engrams at higher levels, which in turn level up the Cryptarch (and can turn into coins, motes, and ascendant goodies), which gets you rewards, so on and so forth. It's also free XP, which builds towards motes of light.

It's got no inherent downside, despite being annoying. I was one of those who'd go into the cave, start dancing, and laugh as people raged while I browsed the web on my phone... But now I see it differently, as there are some issues with grinding (I've done 69 Strikes, mostly on Tiger, and I have only ever collected nine Ascendant Shards, so I can understand the frustration.

The upside to this is that since everyone that's been farming the cave has gotten enough coins for Xûr, EVERY Hunter has the Raspberry chest, which is funny to me. A sea of sameness, thanks to folk who lap up the first exotic they can reach...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread