Loot cave (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, September 22, 2014, 10:49 (3522 days ago) @ Kermit

It's depressing to finally catch up with some friends in Destiny and they're standing there like manniquins shooting into a damn cave. If I'm by myself I go sit in the cave.

Why exactly do you care what they're doing?

I did that only once, actually, and I thought of it as my little way of patching the game until Bungie could get to it.

I care because it corrupts the game. I'll be in slightly less awe when I see someone with awesome stuff because I'll now assume that they farmed their kit. Iron Banner events will no longer be based on the most dedicated players having the best gear, but on crap like this.

It was never about dedication, it's always been about time. It takes time to level up and get good drops, one way or another. It makes sense to use the path that takes less time.
I haven't watched the video because I don't want any more reason than I already have to make use of this cave or to get wrapped up in it earlier than I would otherwise, but I don't get taking issue with it because you can literally walk ten steps (give or take five steps) from almost anywhere where enemies spawn and they'll respawn and you can kill them again, and repeat as much as you want.
Also, as Revenant pointed out, it sounds like Firefight-- it's concentrated combat, and everyone seems to agree the combat is fun, so it only makes sense people would like this.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread