Loot cave (Destiny)

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, September 22, 2014, 13:10 (3522 days ago) @ Kermit

I care because it corrupts the game. I'll be in slightly less awe when I see someone with awesome stuff because I'll now assume that they farmed their kit. Iron Banner events will no longer be based on the most dedicated players having the best gear, but on crap like this.

Who ever looked at another character in a game and deduced their skill or fighting worth only from what they were wearing? No matter if they farmed or fought for it, they're still just virtual pixels with an assigned attack or defense rating. Oh well.

Bungie has given us a multitude of ways to have fun, and what this says is that none of those ways are as much fun as shooting red bars in a cave. I don't get it. I saw a local friend online with whom I haven't played games since Halo 2 LANs. I eagerly joined him. He excitedly tells me where to stand to get AWESOME loot drops. He's a 20. I asked him if he's finished the story. No, he hasn't. He's been doing this the last few days. I left the party, depressed.

Much of the game isn't all that fun to begin with. Besides, that's their decision. Farming is what appeals to them. They find it enjoyable enough to spend twenty to sixty minutes aiming down their sights towards a cave. As long as they aren't standing or sitting in the spawn itself, enemies will eventually escape from the eternally respawning respawn area for passing players. You go deeper into the Skywatch. You go patrol the Cosmodrome further. This is how they'll Destiny. Oh well.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread