Loot cave (Destiny)

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Monday, September 22, 2014, 20:46 (3521 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f
edited by uberfoop, Monday, September 22, 2014, 20:49

Don't you love the scenery of this game? This spot in particular. I can just sit here for days!

Wait, what's that? I am disrupting other people's enjoyment of this game? Nah.

Oh, I can be reported? Oh please! By all means!

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/11929

Bungie will not punish you for just playing the game. Fun is encouraged in many forms; if it’s fun for you to dance on someone’s head in the tower, spam grenades in Crucible matches, or just climb a cliff and sit for hours enjoying the gorgeous view, go for it! It’s your choice on how to have the most fun in Destiny. If you’re merely playing the game, then you aren’t doing anything wrong.

I play how I want to play.

Deal with it.

I don't want to look like I want to support the sort of crap behaviour encouraged by this stupid investment system, but...

Claiming that it's not griefing because the rules permit a certain kind of behaviour is a stance of obnoxious smugness and semantic crap. Unless this is some sort of very weird sarcastic post, you're not exactly making yourself look cool. It's like bragging about how awesome you are that you objective-hold against badly disadvantaged teams in Halo.

And if you think people can just leave the instance and return, that actually doesn't always work; the one time I tried to get someone out of an instance when I was doing a patrol bounty, they re-entered my instance when I returned to the area.

While I think it would be great if Bungie hadn't designed a game that encourages the cave shoot in the first place (because it's annoying non-gameplay), you are preventing people from playing the "game" that they're trying to play. Whether you can be banned for it or not is irrelevant, it's the wrong way to deal with the issue and it's not cool. Because everyone here knows the core purpose of sitting in the cave isn't to admire the scenery, it's to admire how "clever" you are for frustrating the other players.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread