The boring cave (Destiny)

by Monochron, Monday, September 22, 2014, 11:56 (3522 days ago) @ breitzen

Touché. Perhaps it was shortsighted of me to call all cave drops useless seeing as I have not used it. But based on how the drops work in the game (they're random) the majority are probably of no use to you except for dismantling into upgrade parts correct?

Yeah definitely. The vast majority are greens that I use to upgrade my blue weapons. Every now and then you get a coin as well.

I stress again that I belive that Destiny is a marathon. If you try and sprint your way through it will probably wear you out. You'll get impatient and use the cave. You have at least 2 months till the next confirmed Raid is even available. That is plenty of time to work up to 26 and higher (even from 23) and play the raid.

I can't really play the Raid, so I'm not doing it for that. Crucible and higher level Strikes are the main reason, and for those I need higher levels and better weapons. And for that the Holy Cave giveth generously :)

When Jones said in a vidoc they wanted to make a game that people can spend 100 hours he wasn't kidding. Trying do do that 100 hours in 30 will feel like a grind, spread it out and it can be fun (depending on how you like the game).

I'm using the Cave to unlock the parts of the game that I find fun. The Cave will deliver me unto the promised land.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread