Fun is subjective. (Rev's rant of the week) (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, October 08, 2014, 07:20 (3506 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I agree.

Here's a quick story of fun and investment that happened to me last night. I had picked up the bounty for Thorn with my hunter. I was at the part where I had to get a lot of kills with void damage in crucible. I normally like to play as a titan in crucible, and leave my hunter to PvE. Anyway, I went in and after a few games realized that I was going to have to play differently than normal to make any real progress on the bounty. Unfortunately, that playstyle isn't fun for me. After 3 games of camping in corners hoping for someone to run by, I decided to abandon the bounty. Why play if I wasn't having fun?

Instead I went to play a couple of strikes before bed because I have fun playing them. On my last one The Last Word dropped at the endgame screen. I now feel like garbage today because I stayed up to shoot stuff with it. I don't really care anymore about grinding for weapons, but I know I'm going to keep on playing just because it's so much fun to shoot.

Point is, I quit playing something I didn't find fun and ended up finding something unexpected that is more fun than I imagined. Maybe that's a good thing about RNG. Play what you enjoy and every once in a while something new will pop up unexpectedly.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread