Last year's interview with Jason Jones is a revelation. (Destiny)

by Monochron, Wednesday, October 08, 2014, 10:08 (3506 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Maybe our definitions of grinding differ?

They very much differ. To me it's called having fun playing the game.

Grinding to you is playing the game in order to have fun? I think we have the same definition actually . . .

The best example I have of the way I interact with Destiny's investment system is how I've bought three exotic helmets from Xur. I did it by... doing absolutely nothing special. I played the game the way I wanted, then I threw all my strange coins into the vault and was delighted to see I had, completely unintentionally, collected enough to buy any item he was selling.

I think we might resolve our differences by understanding that you have been incredibly lucky with regard to what the games gives you. I'm just speculating here, but the fact that you have been able to buy three helmets from Xur means that you have gotten much better drops and rewards than I have. After 3 weeks of playing I was able to get one item from Xur, and after 5 days following that of playing every day, I have earned 2 Strange coins. linky

Now either, you have been putting in significantly more hours than me, or you have lucked out more when it comes to rewards/drops. If either is the case, I'm happy for you, that's really awesome.
If it is the former though, I enjoy building my character more than replaying levels at the moment and that's just a difference of preference. Maybe you prefer playing levels and PvP over building a character. If so then I'm sure you would be just as happy playing a game where you were only able to buy one exotic in a month of playing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread