Last year's interview with Jason Jones is a revelation. (Destiny)

by Monochron, Wednesday, October 08, 2014, 11:18 (3506 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Monochron, Wednesday, October 08, 2014, 11:40

How many hours do you have logged?

Uh. No idea. A lot of hours I'm sure. Is this link good enough to find out?

Hhm, it's a hard question because I'm guessing you traded items around with your characters? Your Warlock at 18 hours played has a significant gear loadout though, and it looks like at least one armor piece purchased from the Vanguard? Eh, it's a bad comparison because I have one main character that I am putting my time into.

That does make me think though. If to get the experience I want (what you have had with the ability to build your character) I need to put in the amount of time you have, maybe Destiny isn't the game for me. I just don't think I enjoy replaying stuff as much as you, so maybe I should put it down for a while. Hhm.

I like getting new gear and even buying new stuff, but it isn't the point of the game even though many people treat Destiny as if it is.

You can have your point and I'll have mine. It's okay for us to each enjoy different things, but there isn't any use in your telling me that the way I enjoy the game isn't the point. I don't care what the point is. I play my way to have fun, just like you play your way to have fun. You and I get fun out of different things.

It's not a hard question. Were you having fun the entire time you were saving up for your badass character? If not then something is wrong. Maybe it's the investment system, but in my view it is more likely the person who chases after the investment system since in my view the base game of shooting aliens is in itself fun.

Yeah, I was pretty much having fun. There are aspects of the game that I don't enjoy, but that is true for every game I will ever play. Look at it this way:

Therefore, I am willing to do some of the things that aren't fun to get at some of the things that are fun.

There is fun for me in Destiny, but I have to do something I don't enjoy at some point. If I were to just drop the game the moment I had to do something I didn't like, I would have stopped playing a while ago, but I still get enjoyment out of it.

As you can see, your case and my case are extremely different.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread