Last year's interview with Jason Jones is a revelation. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, October 08, 2014, 08:59 (3505 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Many millions of copies of that game were sold - there is really NO generalization you can make about why 'we' played the game over and over again that will be accurate. You can speak for yourself - but you absolutely, positively cannot speak for all of us.

I can say with certainty that a reason we played over and over was NOT because we were offered investment rewards - because Halo had none. You can therefore conclude Halo was replayed over and over because the people doing so found it fun for its own sake, in whatever manner they chose to do so.

The only exception was if you were a pro getting paid to play.

And Jones' point was that SOME people DIDN'T play over and over again - but he wanted them to.

I kind of resent that then. I feel like it should be up to me to decide whether to forgo playing a new game (or doing something else) in order to replay an old game.

Isn't it? How many times have people said if you aren't having fun go play something else?!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread