Last year's interview with Jason Jones is a revelation. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, October 08, 2014, 17:43 (3506 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Imagine you just get done watching a DVD of a film. You enjoy the film, but not enough that you want to watch it again. The person who made the movie tells you "Oh, I want you to spend more time with my movie". How would that make you feel? "Watch my movie again".

See how that's annoying?

Say you watch the movie Sucker Punch, and you thought it was an alright bit of loud entertainment, if nothing else. Then the person who made it starts bringing up points and hints that you missed the first time while watching the movie, because he wants you to see it from an angle that you hadn't considered.

Then you watch it again, with prior knowledge of what happens, but now you can pay attention to the things you missed the first time, and now you maybe watched the four animated shorts that flesh out certain story bits (DLC!).

Upon a second viewing, you might realize that the story was much deeper than you thought. You might gain a whole new appreciation for the twist that you probably completely missed the first time, and you might actually realize what a brilliant movie it is...

If you had no incentive to watch it again, you'd have missed out on a lot, and you wouldn't have even realized it...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread