Last year's interview with Jason Jones is a revelation. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, October 08, 2014, 10:52 (3505 days ago) @ Monochron

It is much more likely time put in than extraordinary luck. I don't believe the random rewards are good enough on my end or bad enough on yours to make a big difference.

Let's find out. Can you link your character on B.Net? How many hours do you have logged?

Uh. No idea. A lot of hours I'm sure. Is this link good enough to find out?

My point is you shouldn't worry about what you have or are able to buy. Playing a FPS to... buy an in-game helmet is silly.

Uh, I find that fun. You can have the opinion that building a badass character isn't fun, but please don't call what I enjoy silly. It gives me the sads.

I like getting new gear and even buying new stuff, but it isn't the point of the game even though many people treat Destiny as if it is.

Ultimately, who comes out ahead, the one who turns what should be an enjoyable activity (playing video games) into a grind by doing something he doesn't want to do and complaining about it or the person who has fun the entire time and gets around to the longer term challenges a couple of weeks later?

You are grossly misrepresenting how and why I play the game. See above.

It's not a hard question. Were you having fun the entire time you were saving up for your badass character? If not then something is wrong. Maybe it's the investment system, but in my view it is more likely the person who chases after the investment system since in my view the base game of shooting aliens is in itself fun.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread