Last year's interview with Jason Jones is a revelation. (Destiny)

by Numinar @, Thursday, October 09, 2014, 07:43 (3505 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Hey Claude! Xur loves us all, and his currency isn't that hard to get depending on your level. The game should tell you in a tooltip of any given currency the best ways to get it (And it does this a little bit) but here is how I roll:

From the wiki: Completing a weekly Heroic Strike mission will grant the player three (level 22), six (Level 26), or nine (Level 28) Strange Coins.

This is my source of guaranteed coins. I seem to get enough random on top to buy one bit of armor off of Xur a week (Except the first). I believe the difference gets paid out if you do a harder strike after practicing on an easier one.

A month+1 coin of 22 weekly strikes should be enough for one bit of exotic armor, which is all you can equip at a time anyway. I have gold 3 hats this way (One was from an engram I gave him motes of light for which is a good way to spend those, and one was off-class and is in storage).

http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018428456836/2305843009215624493#gear

28 is gloriously hard, I was in a group of a 27,27 and a 26 on the archon raid the other night and we were stuck for a while. Seems to go that way most weeks but the Legendary Halo guy in me loves hitting a wall and working it for an hour till we crack it, then we dance! With Destiny it has to be done co-op, which should be easy for you being Mr HBO.

All exotic weapons seem to come at random from handing in bounties, so the only way to kind of guarantee them seems to be do bounties. But only do fun ones that stack, some nights I don't do any if I'm not in the mood for the relevant activity. (And some exotic weapons bounties take weeks to complete).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread