Last year's interview with Jason Jones is a revelation. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, October 08, 2014, 14:38 (3505 days ago) @ car15

But you still complain about it... So how about go have fun playing something else and leave those of us having fun playing Destiny alone?

Why is there a highly vocal group of people in this community that are completely unwilling to tolerate negative opinions about this game? Is it so difficult to understand that those of us who dislike aspects of Destiny complain because we want the game to improve and we know Bungie reads these forums?!

I find it ironic that several members of DBO, myself included, have been regularly criticized for spreading negativity and "making the people who like Destiny feel bad about liking it". (Which is absurd, by the way.) Yet when someone has a negative POV, that's not allowed and they should just shut up and play something else?

How is that not the exact same thing you accuse us of doing to you?

I think the Queen of the Reef said it best: "Often when we guess at others motives we reveal only our own." It's funny how intolerant of negative opinions about negative opinions you are. You keep criticizing this "vocal group of people" but never naming them. I don't think the group of people you keep referring to actually exists. I've got to be one of the most "intolerant" people here in that I'll enter into running disagreements with some posters who post consistently negative opinions and yet I agree with everyone else that Destiny has some serious flaws that make it far less of a game than it should have been.

My admittedly harsh advice to people who have ragged on Destiny for years is to stop playing it if they aren't having fun and stop complaining about it if they aren't playing it. My advice to you is to stop criticizing this community (with vague, blanket accusations no less!) and... heh... start criticizing the game. You'll get a lot more support for the latter than the former. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread