There is a lack of defining story moments (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, October 08, 2014, 19:26 (3506 days ago) @ Korny

The beauty of the Daily Story missions and the Queen's Orders is that you get a refresher of things that make certain story missions stand out. Playing the "Eye of a Gate Lord" with Solar burn highlights how intense and unique the approach to the Gate Lord is, as any Hobgoblin can send you back to the checkpoint, but you can flank them in many ways before they get a bead on you.

That was the first Queen's Wrath mission I got, and it really opened my eyes. I slowed down a lot and learned the layout of the level more than I ever had before. Also, it gave me a new appreciation for my legendary solar fusion rifle, which was still a new acquisition for me at the time.

Also, it was hilarious when I finally got to the Gate Lord, prepared for a difficult fight, and that fusion rifle destroyed him in 4 shots. He was dead so fast that he never had time to fire at me, and his reinforcements spawned after the 30 second "mission end" countdown had started.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread